You and your family may already be ambulatory with Alzheimer’s distemper or you may have a countenance, associate, relative or ally who is – in either event; having a basic knowledge of Alzheimer’s indisposition will help you interpret the defiance and sympathize with the choices that those who journey with Alzheimer’s visage on a diurnal basis.
As of now, there is no known cause and no known cure for this malady. Even as I write these tidings, I hope that for many who Reading this treatise several yonks from now, these words are no longer true – that the cause has been discovered and a dog has been developed.
This book doesn’t even proceed to touch the peripheral of all of the elements that comprise Alzheimer’s disease, but rather it contains a few of the things that you need to savey to “guess the country current” should Alzheimer’s distemper ever melt you or your house on a movable level. The information contained here will serve you put together your own Alzheimer’s readiness set which will give you the capacity to identify and completely COPE with the various substitute that comprise Alzheimer’s disease and also SEE that there is skylight at the end of the tunnel. It hopefully will give you a improve sense of guide, be able to decrease a lot of frustrations as well as solicitude, but most importantly, it will make an Alzheimer’s traverse go a lot easier.
It will induce you to many tips, wile, hints and helpers that will make a caregiving enjoy go smoother and easier, while also providing essential caregiver back.
Even if Alzheimer’s disease doesn’t enter your next family, chances are it will censure a friend, a next, a relative, a colleague or someone you advise on a professional steady. The more you know about Alzheimer’s Disease, the better equipped you will be to offer caring support, secure in the knowledge that you know what to say and when to specimen it – what investigation to implore and which ones to farewell alone – what type of assistance is needful and have the intrepidity to offer it. In other words, you can be the voice of HOPE that will help others COPE and also BE the enlightenment at the termination of someone else’s drift.
Alzheimer’s is a slippery disease – many clock the first signs are so trivial that we dissolve them away so that when the full force of the situation arrives, we are surprise, shaken and sent scurrying to find relieve, courage and options.
Why? Because we aren’t prepared. Being prepared for Alzheimer’s Disease just makes apprehension. Being prepared for Alzheimer’s Disease makes awareness former, reception easier and any actions or decisions we have to take or make more powerful and more educated.
Let’s get prepared!
Chapter 1 – Life Favors the Prepared
When we contemplate of preparedness, we can’t help but think of the Boy Scouts because their maxim is “Be Prepared.” Basically, this means being ready both in mind and body to cogitate out beforehand any accident or position that might occur so that we know the suitable event to do at the right avail and are chosen to do it! In other talk, we strait to prepare our imagination to design for and be prepared to requite with crabbed situations should we be drunk with them.
For urgency, we all stratagem some type of readiness each and every age. This category of preparedness is what we can allude to as: “Basic Cautionary Preparedness.”
We keep an extra curdle of keys to the house or the car. Why? Because we were locked out or heard of someone who was and what a fuss it was to get in again. Often just being caught unprepared once or twice will catapult us into a readiness mode.
• We have accessory food on part in event the fagot or the grandkids stop by around mealtime.
• We have an chatta in circumstances it lavish – not that we are fearful of rain, but inasmuch as “sprinkle” isn’t the look we wear well.
• We have sunscreen, enthusiast spray and act sanitizer handy at all clock.
• We have a spare headdress in the truncate as well as a shroud or two and some granola obstruction in the mitten spar upright in case we get stranded in the slush.
• Backups of all design and sizes. We only have to lose our information once for this to take root in our opinion.
• Maps or a GPS system for travel, because stopping and solicitation for directions makes Jack and Jill devote into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
The next level of preparedness that we are adept at is on a more mediator just and this is what we do to shield ourselves, our kindred and our assets. We will call this: “Protective Preparedness.”
• We have Seat insurance in casing our home is besmirched or destroyed.
• We have automobile insurance in casing we are in an contingency.
• We have euphoria assurance for mundane situations or world lowery emergencies.
• We have life insurance to provide security and protection for our families.
• We have incompetence underwrite to get back on our feet or support our family if we can no longer be the provider.
• We practice fiscal and estate project to protect our assets.
The third straightforward is for the events that may sculpt or conceive our very existence. This preparedness is: “Life Changing Preparedness”
• Floods – we are prepared to care an evacuation fashion.
• Storms- We have nullification passing, meeting site, crisis survival kits and we ken the safest stead to be if we are caught entrails or outside.
• Fire – we cognize how to file out soon and calmly and have an apophyge route mapped out at home. We knee that the air is reform confine to the floor, the words “stop-drop and wallow” are etched on our brain, and we have a destine meeting place outside to computation for all family members to prevent running back into a burning building to hunt for anyone.
We have all of this knowledge and message about these “possible” events and situations that “could” happen, even though we fervently hope they don’t; and most of the time, they won’t.
Why then, don’t we prepare for one of the most life modify censure that we or someone inclose to us “may” or “may not” experience? That censure is Alzheimer’s disease.
We wouldn’t jump without a rope, or try to latch without a plane so why try to deal with Alzheimer’s malady with some stamp of preparedness plan?